Free Granny Square Baby Blanket Pattern
A Granny Square Baby Blanket is a popular and classic type of crochet blanket. It is made up of small squares, typically measuring around 3-4 inches, that are joined together to create a larger finished blanket. The individual squares are created using a simple crochet technique that involves chaining and double crochet stitches, and can be made in a variety of colors and patterns.
The Granny Square Blanket has a long history and has been a beloved craft for generations. It is a versatile project that can be customized to suit the individual crafter’s style and preferences. Granny Square Blankets are not only beautiful and cozy, but also practical, making them a popular choice for home decor or as a thoughtful handmade gift for friends and family.
Iceyarns Lorena Worsted : (55% Cotton- 45% Acrylic),
100 gr. / 3.53 oz. per ball
160 m. / 174 yds. per ball
- Lorena Worsted – Ecru (fnt2-63097) : https://www.iceyarns.com/fnt2-63097
- Lorena Worsted – Light Blue (fnt2-52026) : https://www.iceyarns.com/fnt2-52026
- Lorena Worsted – Blue (fnt2-45150) : https://www.iceyarns.com/fnt2-45150
Hook Size: 8 / 0 5.00mm – https://www.iceyarns.com/acs-1348
Finished size : 19 x 19 inch / 48 x 48 cm
- Chain Stitches (Ch Sts ) : To create a chain stitch, you’ll need a crochet hook and some yarn. Start by looping the yarn around the crochet hook. Hold the loop in place with your finger and then pull the yarn through the loop. This creates a new loop on the hook. Again, hold the new loop in place and pull the yarn through the new loop. Keep repeating this process until you have the desired number of chain stitches.
- Double Crochet (dc ) : Yarn over the hook, insert the hook into the specified stitch.Yarn over the hook again, draw the yarn through the st, so there are 3 loops on the hook. Yarn over the hook again draw it through 2 loops, so there are 2 loops on the hook. Yarn over the hook, draw it through the final 2 loops.
- Slip Stitch (sl st ) : Insert the hook into the next stitch. Put the tip of the hook under both of the loops at the top of the stitch. Yarn over the hook, from back to front, and pull a loop of yarn through the stitch. Pull same loop through the loop on the hook.
PATTERN DETAILS :
Granny Square Baby Blanket Pattern
Ch 4. Insert your hook into the first ch, sl st.
Ch 3. 2dc ch1. (3dc ch1) three times sl st. Turn
Ch3. 2dc ch1. (3dc ch1) twice, (3dc ch1) twice, (3dc ch1) twice, (3dc ch1) sl st. Turn
Ch3. 2dc ch1. (3dc ch1), (3dc ch1) twice, (3dc ch1), (3dc ch1) twice, (3dc ch1), (3dc ch1) twice, (3dc ch1), (3dc ch1) sl st. Turn
Round 4 – Round 18
For all of the remaining rounds of this granny square pattern, you will continuing in the same manner.
You want to make your blanket like shown photo, colors change as follows ;
- Round 1- Round 6 – Blue
- Round 7- Round 8 – Ecru
- Round 9- Round 10 – Light Blue
- Round 11- Round 12 – Blue
- Round 13 – Round 14 – Ecru
- Round 15 – Round 16 – Light Blue
- Round 17 – Round 18 – Blue
For more knitting and crochet blog posts and free patterns follow the iceyarns blog!