Free Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket Pattern
Hi everyone! We continue to prepare our patterns with beautiful and unique fre patterns for you. Keep following the Ice Yarns Blog. You’re going to read the Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket Pattern today!
A Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket is a colorful and cozy blanket that is made using the popular crochet stitch pattern known as the “granny stripe.” This pattern involves creating a series of stripes using clusters of three double crochet stitches, separated by chains, which results in a textured and visually appealing design.
Granny stripe blankets can be made in a variety of sizes and color combinations, making them a versatile and customizable project for crocheters of all skill levels. These blankets are not only functional but also serve as a beautiful decorative piece, perfect for adding warmth and style to any room. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced crocheter, a Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket is a fun and rewarding project to take on.
Iceyarns Saver : (100% Acrylic / Machine Washable & Dryable),
200 gr. / 7.05 oz. per ball
330 m. / 360 yds. per ball
- Saver – White (fnt2-47173) : https://www.iceyarns.com/fnt2-47173
- Saver – Mink (fnt2-47176) : https://www.iceyarns.com/fnt2-47176
- Saver – Navy (fnt2-52308) : https://www.iceyarns.com/fnt2-52308
Hook Size: 8 / 0 5.00mm – https://www.iceyarns.com/acs-1348
Finished size : 35 x 31 inch / 90 x 80 cm
- Chain (Ch ) : To create a chain stitch, you’ll need a crochet hook and some yarn. Start by looping the yarn around the crochet hook. Hold the loop in place with your finger and then pull the yarn through the loop. This creates a new loop on the hook. Again, hold the new loop in place and pull the yarn through the new loop. Keep repeating this process until you have the desired number of chain stitches.
- Double Crochet (dc ) : Yarn over the hook, insert the hook into the specified stitch.Yarn over the hook again, draw the yarn through the st, so there are 3 loops on the hook. Yarn over the hook again draw it through 2 loops, so there are 2 loops on the hook. Yarn over the hook, draw it through the final 2 loops.
Pattern Details :
Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket
Use Navy Color , START chain 105.
Make 1dc in 5th chain from hook, skip two chains, 3dc in next ch, skip two chains
3dc in next chain, in the last chain, ch 4, turn.
3dc in first space from previous row, 3dc in next space, repeat until you get to end, 3dc in last space (this is your leftover ch 5 space from the beginning chain), then make a 1dc on top of the ch 4, ch 4, turn.
3dc in first chain space and the rest of the spaces in the row until you get to the end, make a 1dc in the ch 4 from the previous row, ch 4, turn.
3dc in first space, 3dc in each of the spaces until end of row, make a 1dc on top of the ch 4 from previous row, chain 4, turn.
Row 5 – Row 52
For all of the remaining rows of this granny stripe crochet blanket, you will continuing in the same manner.
You want to make your blanket like shown photo, colors change as follows ;
- Row 1 – 2 – Mink
- Row 3 – 4 – White
- Row 5 – 6 – Navy
- Row 7 – 8 – White
- Row 9 – 10 – Mink
- Row 11 – 12 – White
- Row 13 – 40 – Navy
- Row 41 – 42 – White
- Row 43 – 44 – Mink
- Row 45 – 46 – White
- Row 47 – 48 – Navy
- Row 49 – 50 – White
- Row 51 – 52 – Mink